About the OPP
Please note that most of this website is still in French only. Any help with translating, as well as with some specifics of the EMSB side, is welcome. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are parents of students who, to the extent we are able, participate in the educational project of the school FACE – this is the official mandate of an OPP (see the extract from the Loi sur l’instruction public appearing on this page). All those who wish to are encouraged to join us to guarantee a representation of a maximum of perspectives within the school: class levels, French or English speaking department, musical specialty, extracurricular service users, etc.
Our main goal is for FACE community parents to help each other since we do not have the proximity effect of a neighbourhood school.
- the preparation of a guide for first-year students and their parents;
- the organization of a community yard sale;
- the Valentine’s day dance for the 5th and 6th grade students;
- the creation of this website;
- publishing a regular newsletter;
- moderating the online discussion boards;
- organizing periodic fundraising campaigns;
- the launch of a Trottibus project;
- organization of a visit of the Grand Orgue Pierre-Béïque at the Maison symphonique for students in piano classes;
- organization of the fall return-to-school party “FACEtival”.
- translation of this website into english;
- organizing a “concert clothing bank” (purchase / sale / exchange between families);
- …….. (add your own idea here !).
This website is born of a desire to provide parents with practical information and to better inform you about the particularities of FACE school. To keep it up to date, we collaborate with the school team, but we also count on you, parents who are familiar with how the school works,</ strong> so that we can share your knowledge with the rest of the community, in particular those who are new to the school
We look forward to hearing from you!
The purpose of a parent participation organization is to encourage the collaboration of parents in developing, implementing and periodically evaluating the school’s educational project and their participation in fostering their child’s success. (L.I.P., article 96.2)
A parent participation organization may advise the parents’ representatives on the governing board regarding any matter of concern to parents or any matter concerning which the organization is consulted by the parents’ representatives on the governing board. (L.I.P., article 96.3)